Montserrat Torremorell, DVM, PhD
DVM, Autonomous University of Barcelona, 1994
PhD, University of Minnesota, 1999
Awards & recognition
- 2003 University of Minnesota and Pfizer Animal Health, Allen D. Leman Science in Practice Award
- 2002 Business and Professional Women of Kentucky, Women of Achievement Award
Dr. Montse Torremorell is an animal health expert with emphasis in infectious swine diseases and strategies to improve the health of swine systems. Her research involves the understanding of influenza virus transmission and the factors that contribute to virus spread and establishment of endemic infections in populations. Understanding influenza virus epidemiology, ecology and control in complex swine systems is a priority of her research. In addition, her research also centers in understanding PRRSV transmission and strategies to prevent and eradicate the virus in geographical regions.
Investigation into the factors contributing to influenza transmission, persistence and viral change in pig populations” funded by MCEIRS/NIH; Understanding influenza at the interface of pigs and people funded by CFAHFS; Understanding transmission of swine influenza under field conditions funded by Agricultural Experiment Station – RARF; The elimination of PRRSV from Northern Minnesota funded by USDA PRRSV CAP
For a listing of publications, refer to PubMed, a service provided by the National Library of Medicine, and Google Scholar.
- CVM 6865 Introduction to Swine Production Medicine
- CVM 6842 Swine Disease Diagnosis and Therapy and Prevention
- CVM 6840 Swine Medicine
- CVM 6864 Swine Summer Institute
- Diagnosis and control of infectious diseases of swine