Jody Lulich, DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVIM
Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Minnesota
PhD, University of Minnesota
DVM, Northwestern University, Evanston Illinois Tuskegee University
Internship, Small Animal Rotating Internship, University of Minnesota
Licensures and Certifications
Awards & recognition
- Osborne/Hills endowed Chair in nephrology and urology
- Co-Director: Minnesota Urolith Center
- Professor, Internal Medicine, University of Minnesota
- Distinguished Alumnus Award form Tuskegee Veterinary Alumni Association
- Norden Distinguished Teacher of the Year. College of Veterinary Medicine, 2001
- Speaker of the Year (companion animal program), North American Veterinary
- Conference, 2007
- World Small Animal Veterinary Association Excellence in Veterinary Heath Care Award, 2007
- Veterinary Medical Associations: AVMA, MVMA
- Specialty Organizations ACVIM: small animal internal medicine
- Professional Societies; Veterinary nephrology and Urology, Research On Calculi Kinetics
- Calcium oxalate urolith epidemiology, etiopathiogenesis, dissolution, and prevention
- Urolith analysis
- Biomarkers of Disease (NMR spectroscopy, proteomics, metabolomics, genetics)
- Urinary tract oncology
- Clinical and translational research
- Spontaneous Animal Models for Disease
- Urinary tract infections
- Lulich JP, Osborne CA, Carvalho M, Nakagawa Y. The Effects of a urolith prevention diet on urine compositions of glycosaminoglycans, Tamm-Horsfall glycoprotein and nephrocalcin in cats with calcium oxalate urolithiasis. AJVR, publication December 2011.
- Lulich JP, Osborne CA, Albasan H, Monga M, Bevan JM. Efficacy and safety of laser lithotripsy in fragmentation of urocystoliths and urethroliths for removal in dogs. JAVMA, 2009;234:1279-1285.
- Mauricio C, Lulich JP, Osborne CA, Nakagawa Y. Defective urinary crystallization inhibition and urine stone formation. International Braz J Urol. 2006;32:342-349.
- Lulich JP, Osborne CA, Lekcharoensuk C, et al. Effects of diet on urine composition of cats with calcium oxalate urolithiasis. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 2004;40:185-191.
- Lekcharoensuk C., Osborne CA, Lulich JP, Thumchai R , Kirk Claudia, Ulrich LK, Koehler LA, Carpenter KA, Swanson LL. Association between dietary factors and the risk of calcium oxalate and magnesium ammonium phosphate urolithiasis in cats: JAVMA 2001; 219(9):1228-1237.
- Lulich JP, Osborne CA, Lekcharoensuk C, Kirk CA, Allen TA. Effects of hydrochlorothiazide and diet in dogs with calcium oxalate urolithiasis. J of the American Veterinary Association, J American Veterinary Medical Association. 2001; 218: 1583-1586.
Academics interests and focus
Nephrology and Urology Problem solving Internal medicine
- Small Animal Internal Medicine Urology and nephrology
- Laser lithotripsy
- Minimally Invasive Interventional procedures to manage urinary tract disorders