Faculty Development Opportunities
This section of the site contains a list of books about teaching and learning, information about learning theory, and a link to the Education Day website. Please contact the CVM Education Support group, at [email protected], with ideas for other materials to be posted on this site, and with ideas for topics for Education Day and teaching seminars.
More development opportunities
STAFF AND FACULTY DEVELOPMENT IN TEACHING – CVM INSTRUCTOR DEVELOPMENT
The CVM Instructor Development series includes synchronous sessions and independent learning modules.
- AVMA On-Line Educator Community
- Academy of Veterinary Educators – to join, please contact Dr. Heidi Banse at [email protected]
- Regional veterinary consortia have been developed in the United States; there are very early discussions about a Midwest Veterinary Educators Consortium.
The American Association of Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC) hosts several meetings including those below:
- AAVMC Annual Conference and Iverson Bell Symposium
- Annual Primary Care Veterinary Educators meeting
- Veterinary Educator Collaborative
Other meetings that may be available are regional Iverson Bell offerings, education meetings sponsored by specialty colleges, and education meetings for health professionals including those below:
Degree programs in Veterinary or Medical Education:
- Lincoln Memorial University Masters of Veterinary Education
- Royal College MSc in Veterinary Education (also available are a Certificate and a Diploma, which have fewer requirements than the Master’s degree)
- University of Edinburgh Masters in Clinical Education (also available are a Certificate and a Diploma, which have fewer requirements than the Master’s degree)
- University of Nottingham Post-Graduate Certificate in Veterinary Education (currently requires membership in the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons)
There are many Masters in Education programs offered broadly for health professionals that will enroll veterinarians and give you an interprofessional experience. Examples of on-line offerings include:
- University of Cincinnati On-Line Certificate or Master’s in Medical Education
- NSU Florida Master of Science in Medical Education
- University of New England Masters of Medical Education Leadership