Apply for VetFAST
VetFAST Application Steps
COVID-19 Related updates
- We understand that COVID-19 has disrupted typical course instruction and delivery across the globe. We are therefore accepting courses with a grade of pass (P) or satisfactory (S) taken during spring semester 2020 and summer semester 2020. This includes prerequisite courses.
- Please note that we are currently working remotely and will not have access to documents mailed to our office until we have been cleared to return to campus. We are asking that copies of all required materials be digitally emailed to us at [email protected]. Student issued digital copies are OK temporarily until we are able to verify with official digital or official paper copies in the future.
VetFAST applications will be accepted starting between Friday, March 26, 2021, and Friday, April 23, 2021.
Applying for VetFAST consists of five steps. All steps must be completed and all requested documents must be received by the application deadline.
Step 1: Complete the VetFAST application.
Complete and submit the VetFAST application by 4 p.m. CST on Friday, April 23, 2021. You can reference a list of the questions here. When you are ready, enter information into the online application. Please note that the application itself may take a while to complete online, so it's important to have your responses saved separately, in case the application website times out due to inactivity.
Step 2: Request official college transcripts be sent directly to the College of Veterinary Medicine from the issuing institution.
This includes a transcript from the University of Minnesota and all other colleges you may have attended, including those attended through PSEO in high school. Transcripts are needed even if your college credit transferred to the University of Minnesota. Digital copies from the issuing institution are preferred and can be directed to [email protected].
*Digital Copies can be sent to:
University of Minnesota
College of Veterinary Medicine
Academic and Student Affairs
*Preferred method of receipt
Paper copies can be sent to:
108 Ben Pomeroy Center
1964 Fitch Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55108
*Please note that we are currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will not be checking standard mail until we are cleared for return to campus. Please see step 2 to ensure we have timely access to your documents.
Step 3: Email a digital copy of your APAS or other University of Minnesota advisement report to [email protected]
Please specify the following in the subject line: VetFAST Application, and the document title.
Step 4: Identify three references who will submit an evaluation on your behalf.
- At least one of the references must be from a D.V.M. who can speak to your potential for success within the profession.
- A sample list of the questions included in the evaluation form
- Each reference must fill out a standardized evaluation form
Important! All references are due back by the application deadline of 4:00 pm CST on Friday, April 23, 2021. The applicant is responsible for communicating the deadline to the reference writer and sending reminders as needed. Applications with less than three references will be considered incomplete and therefore ineligible for consideration. References may contact us at [email protected] with any questions they may have.
The VetFAST application review is extensive and consists of several evaluation steps. Applications will be evaluated for academic standing once spring semester grades are posted (late May 2021). Interviews for VetFAST program acceptance will take place in late June / early July. Program acceptance will be granted to qualified students in mid-July, 2021.