Safety and Wellness
- The Office of Student Health Benefits offers simple, affordable healthcare plans designed to meet the unique needs of students and their dependents.
- Boynton Health Service provides primary and urgent care; mental health services; dental and eye clinics; and more!
- University Recreation & Wellness centers offer a wide variety of options for keeping fit and healthy.
The safety of students, faculty, and staff is among our top priorities. Learn how you can contribute to promoting a culture of safety at the University through the SAFE U website.
- Read the annual University of Minnesota Safety and Security Report
- Get around safely with safety escorts (call 612-624-WALK) and the Gopher Chauffeur.
- SAFE-U is also the University's mass notification text messaging system.
Aurora Center 24-Hour Helpline
Student Counseling Services
Disability Resource Center
- Student Parent Help Center provides help for students who have children. They provide intake and child care assistance screening for graduate and professional students. The center holds weekly Graduate Parent Group meetings.
- Student Counseling Services provides assistance with issues impacting student success. This includes mental health and life concerns, learning and academic skills challenges, and faculty/staff-student communication.
- The Disability Resource Center collaborates with students, instructors, and staff to remove or reduce barriers in order to provide equitable access to students with disabilities.
- The Aurora Center provides a safe and confidential space for students, faculty, staff, alumni, and family members or friends affiliated with the University of Minnesota, TC, or Augsburg College who are victims/survivors/concerned people of sexual assault, relationship violence, or stalking.
There are 5 gender inclusive restrooms on the CVM campus. Here are their locations:
- Animal Science Veterinary Medicine (ASVM) Rooms 297 & 497
- Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory (VDL) Room E204A
- Veterinary Sciences Building (VSB) Room 144A
- Veterinary Medical Center (VMC S) Room A239
The lactation space is Veterinary Medical Center (VMC S) C316
Living in the Twin Cities
Lying on opposite sides of the Mississippi River, St. Paul and Minneapolis comprise a vibrant, green, and welcoming community. The cities maintain nearly 200 parks and lakes with over 1,200 miles of walking, running, and biking trails. Our urban setting provides easy access to arts and culture, professional and Big Ten sports, multicultural neighborhoods and events, and restaurants, including dozens of different craft beer taprooms. And yet we are just minutes from open fields, boating, golf courses, skiing, and nature sanctuaries. These are just some of the reasons the Twin Cities consistently rank in the top 10 most livable US cities.