Preparing a sample
To prepare a sample for shipment and analysis follow the steps below.
- Rinse uroliths gently in water and air dry. Samples must be dry before shipping.
- DO NOT SEND IN FORMALIN OR ANY LIQUID. These require special handling and will delay processing.
- Place clean dry uroliths in a labeled, non-breakable container such as a clean plastic vial, ziploc bag, or whirl pac bag.
- Label specimen container with the owner/patient name.
- Login at urolithcenter.org and enter the patient/sample information.