Sandra Godden, DVM
Professor, Department of Veterinary Population Medicine (VPM)
DVM, University of Guelph, 1993
BSc, University of Guelph, 1989
DVSc, University of Guelph, 1998
Awards & Recognition
Applied research in calf health management, mastitis control, and improving antimicrobial stewardship on dairies. Examples of calf health management studies include pasteurization of milk and colostrum, housing, and nutrition. Examples of mastitis control studies include selective dry cow therapy, use of rapid culture systems to guide selective treatment decisions during lactation, and bedding management.
Research Funding Grants
- Investigation of the Relationship between Method of Processing Recycled Manure Solids Bedding and Bedding Characteristics, Udder Health, Milk quality and Economics on Midwest Dairy Farms. McLanahan Corp.
- Efficacy of a Potassium Sorbate Preservative in Bovine Colostrum and Milk. Solution Bio Sciences, Inc.
- Selective Dry Cow Therapy on U.S. Dairy Farms: Impact on Udder Health, Antimicrobial Use and Economics. USDA-AFRI.
- Randomized Equivalence Study Evaluating the Efficacy of Two Commercial Internal Teat Sealants in Dairy Cows. Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc.
- Investigation of the Relationship Between Bedding Materials, Bedding Characteristics and Intramammary Infection in Late Lactation Dairy cows. Zoetis.
- Characterization of antimicrobial use in beef feedlots and dairies. FDA (KSU PD)
- Investigation of the Relationship between Method of Processing Recycled Manure Solids Bedding, Air Quality and Antimicrobial Resistance on Midwest Dairy Farms. UMASH.
Veterinary Science; Clinical epidemiology; Metabolic diseases of ruminants; Applied dairy nutrition; Calf health management